F-TYPE R COUPÉ
The definitive sports car – F-TYPE R. Powered by Jaguar’s incredible 5.0 V8 550PS Supercharged engine with 680Nm of torque for sheer unadulterated performance that is 100 percent exploitable – 0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds (0-60mph in 4.0 seconds), best-in-class power and torque as well as best power-to-weight and torque-to-weight. F-TYPE R takes full advantage of the Coupe’s extremely rigid bodyshell.
- Jaguar Super Performance Braking System with Red calipers
- Sports suspension with Adaptive Dynamics
- Switchable Active Sports Exhaust with quad exhaust pipes
- 20 inch Gyrodyne Silver alloy wheels
- Configurable Dynamics System
- Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by braking
- Performance seats with leather facings and ‘R’ embossing
- 3-spoke leather flat-bottomed steering wheel with Ignis gear shift paddles
- Dark Technical Weave Aluminium console finisher with ‘R’ graphic
- Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting with selectable palette
Yes, I know that’s a bit different, but the new Jaguar F-Type Coupé is such a brutal motor it’s hard to ignore.
And provided you don’t lose control of your brain and your wallet at the same time, it’s actually quite good value.
Three versions of the F-Type Coupé have gone on sale, starting at £51,525 for a 335bhp, 3.0-litre V6 that hits 0-62mph (100kph) in 5.3s and is limited to 161mph.
These are startling performance figures, but the Coupé, rather than the pretty but pretty useless soft-top with the boot space of a kitchen bin, gets a half-decent boot which makes it more than just a weekend car.
Another nine grand gets you the F-Type S, with the same V6 supercharged up to 375bhp, top speed limited to 171mph, 0-62mph in 4.9s, upgraded brakes and part-leather seats.